Do WKU Libraries offer access to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal for students, faculty, and staff?
Yes! WKU Libraries are pleased to offer complimentary online subscriptions to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal for current students, faculty, and staff.
To register for complimentary access to The New York Times courtesy of WKU:
1. Click here to register:
2. If you do not have an existing NYT account, or if you want to create a new NYT account to use with your WKU subscription, follow the steps to create an account and set your password. You can register with any email address of your choice – it does not need to be your WKU email address.
a. If you have an existing NYT account with an active paid subscription and you wish to cancel it, please see "Notes", below, before continuing with these directions.
3. Select whether you are a student or faculty/staff.
a. If you are faculty/staff, your account is good for four (4) years. You will be presented with an option to set a calendar reminder when you will need to reauthenticate for continued access.
b. If you are a student, you have access through your graduation date, at which point The New York Times will offer you a reduced subscription price if you wish to continue your own subscription.
4. Click “Get Started”.
5. Click “Continue Setting Up”.
6. Sign up for Newsletters if you choose.
7. Download apps if you choose.
8. You’re all set! Enjoy your All-Access subscription to The New York Times online or via their mobile app.
If you are a new subscriber and encounter an error message, please email email@example.com.
EXISTING registered NYT subscribers with ACTIVE PAID subscriptions must cancel their subscription by calling 800-698-4637 before creating an account. Once the subscription is canceled, you can follow the directions above to subscribe via WKU, making sure to use the same email address and password as you did with your personal subscription (if you wish to retain your personal information). If you encounter an error message with your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for complimentary access to The Wall Street Journal, courtesy of WKU:
1. Click here: https://partner.wsj.com/partner/westernkentuckyuniversity
2. Choose your account type (student, staff, or professor).
3. Enter your name, WKU email address, and Net ID password.
*You must use your WKU email address and Net ID password.
4. Click “create”.
5. You will see confirmation of “redemption” of your courtesy subscription.
6. On the next few screens, you will be presented with options to download the app, personalize your subscription with newsletters, column subscriptions, etc.
7. When finished customizing, continue to The Wall Street Journal home page and enjoy! You can also access your subscription through The Wall Street Journal's mobile app.
Note: If a student or faculty/staff subscriber has a personal WSJ subscription and would like to convert it to their WKU-Sponsored WSJ subscription, please call 1-800-JOURNAL to cancel.
For all other general, account-related WSJ subscription questions or customer service issues, subscribers can contact email@example.com or 1-800-JOURNAL.